If you already do backups, you may not need a remote backup service. However, before you decide that you don't need one, you should make sure that your backup method is not prone to ANY of the following:
- Physical Theft. 51% of UK Small Businesses have been the victim of a crime in the last year - figure from the Federation of Small Businesses, 2006.
- Physical Damage. Flood, Fire, Terrorist Activity, Disk Corruption.
- User Error. A common cause of failed backups and lost data. Users can forget to backup, or backup the wrong files.
- Overwriting. If you backup using the same tape, drive or disk each time, what happens when you realise you need to revert to a copy from, e.g. a month ago?
- Encryption failure. Many alternative backup media do not encrypt your data, so that if it falls into the wrong hands, it can be accessed which could lead to a legal case relating to the Data Protection Act (1998).
DataBunker overcomes these potential problems and offsite data backup is starting to be seen as a requirement not a bonus when insuring your business.
- 128-bit SSL encryption — Safely secures your data during transport.
- AES/Blowfish encryption — ChooseDataBunkers's encryption key using 448-bit Blowfish encryption or manage your own key using military-grade 256-bit AES encryption to secure your data during storage.
- Near Continuous Data Protection — DataBunker automatically detects and backs up new and changed files.
- Automatic or scheduled backups — Tell DataBunker when to perform your backups. Automatic is the simplest method in which backups are performed while your computer is not in use. Scheduled backups can be performed daily or weekly at a specified time of day.
- Block-level incremental backups — Saves bandwidth and ensures future backups are lightning fast.
- Bandwidth throttling — You can tell DataBunker to use more or less of your upload bandwidth so other higher priority services can run unimpeded.
Ease of Use
- Version (snapshot) support — Restore file versions up to 30 days in the past.
- SQL, Exchange, and network drive support — Back up data residing on virtually any machine.
- Windows and Mac support — DataBunker supports Windows (XP, 2003, and Vista, Windows 7 (32 & 64 Bit), Windows 8, 8.1 (32 & 64 Bit), including servers) and Mac OS X+ (10.4 and 10.5, desktop and server) operating systems.
- Open/locked file support — DataBunker backs up all open and locked files, including Outlook PST files.
Don't put your livelihood or business on the line with backups that aren't comprehensive. Trial DataBunker for Free. See what it can do and how much time it can save you, contact us today.